Project Management / Research Intern
KOB has projects and events throughout the year for which interns will have hands-on responsibilities planning and implementing. You will work closely with the Executive Director & the Projects Coordinator to accomplish this. Internships will be unpaid, however, approval for course credit is available.
This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector, especially community development and environmental/sustainable issues.
- Assist with major event planning and registration for a 500+ banquet with state leaders
- Assist staff in updating KOB’s website, including researching new and existing topics for KOB’s nationally recognized Community Improvement Guide. Some basic HTML knowledge desirable, but not required.
- Assist staff with daily clerical duties
- Exposure to basic nonprofit and board management practices
- Experience with using Apple Computers
- Microsoft Office software experience
- Organized and detail oriented
- Personable, relates well to others
- Flexible and ready to take on new challenges
- Good communication skills - email, phone, letters and in-person
- Quick learner, creative thinker
- Graphic design experience very helpful (i.e. knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
Interns are asked to work 15-20 hours per week from mid-August to mid-December. (possible extension to spring semester can be negotiated based on performance). This part-time internship opportunity will pay $10/hr. Applicants are encouraged to learn more about KOB by visiting: www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com
To apply, submit a resume, transcript & cover letter to:
720 W Wilshire Blvd, Suite 118
Oklahoma City, OK 73116