Project Management / Fundraising Internship Position Available
Keep Oklahoma Beautiful (KOB) is a statewide nonprofit organization with a mission to encourage, facilitate and recognize efforts that improve the aesthetic, environmental and sustainable quality of life in Oklahoma.
KOB has projects and events throughout the year for which the individual who fills the internship position will have hands-on responsibilities planning and implementing them. This individual will work closely with the Associate Director / Projects Manager as well as the Executive Director to accomplish this. Internship will be unpaid, however, approval for course credit is available.
This would be an excellent opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector, especially community development and environmental/sustainable issues.
Basic Responsibilities Day to Day:
- Opportunity to participate in the development and launch of a new statewide program - The End Litter Video Contest. This will include developing marketing materials, promoting the program to K-12 Schools & Universities and reporting back to sponsors about the success of the program.
- Work closely with KOB staff to plan and execute KOB’s Annual Awards Banquet which also serves as the organizations primary fundraising event. You will be required to attend and help with all day setup of banquet on Thursday, November 10.
- Help with planning, implementation and follow-up of KOB’s statewide programs (this includes writing press releases).
- Assist staff with grant writing.
- Keep website updated - mostly text and photos (can learn on the job) but some experience with HTML or website design helpful.
- Exposure to basic nonprofit and board management practices.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of how a 501(c)(3) operates
- Personable, relates well to others
- Flexible and ready to take on new challenges
- Good communication skills - email, phone, letters and in-person
- Quick learner, creative thinker
- Graphic design experience very helpful (i.e. knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
- Posses a knowledge of Apple computers
Interns are expected to work 10-15 hours per week during the fall semester (possible extension to spring semester can be negotiated based on performance). Business hours at KOB are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday - Friday. Interns are expected to do the majority of their work from the KOB office, with exceptions being made for various activities approved by KOB. Internship will be unpaid. Applicants are encouraged to learn more about KOB by visiting: www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com
To apply, submit a resume, transcript, cover letter and two references:
Associate Director / Projects Manager
6051 N Brookline Ave, Suite 125
OKC, OK 73112
Posted on 09/12/2011
by Sonny Wilkinson filed under