Project Management / Research Intern
KOB has projects and events throughout the year for which interns will have hands-on responsibilities planning and implementing. You will work closely with the Executive Director & the Projects Coordinator to accomplish this. Internships will be unpaid, however, approval for course credit is available.
This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector, especially community development and environmental/sustainable issues.
- Assist with securing program wrap-up reports
- Update KOB’s website. Some basic HTML knowledge desirable, but not required.
- Writing news releases
- Assist staff with grant writing.
- Exposure to basic nonprofit and board management practices.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of how a 501(c)(3) operates
- Personable, relates well to others
- Flexible and ready to take on new challenges
- Good communication skills - email, phone, letters and in-person
- Quick learner, creative thinker
- Graphic design experience very helpful (i.e. knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
- Experience with using Apple Computers
Interns are asked to work 10-15 hours per week. Business hours at KOB are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday. Interns are expected to do the majority of their work from the KOB office, with exceptions being made for various activities approved by KOB. Applicants are encouraged to learn more about KOB by visiting: www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com
To apply, submit a resume to:
720 W Wilshire Blvd, Suite 118
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Posted on 01/10/2014
by Megan Moran filed under