Who Can Be a KOB Affiliate?
Any organization, committee, community, county, neighborhood association, city government, chamber of commerce, etc. with a desire to join with other like-minded groups of individuals in Oklahoma to improve the aesthetic, environmental and sustainable quality of life in your area and throughout the state. This may be a long-established group, it may be a group just getting started, it may be a youth group, a college campus environmental effort, a high school ecology club, a committee of the chamber, - or a combination of any of these groups.
Organized volunteers with a desire to beautify and improve your environments are pre-qualified to consider becoming a KOB affiliate. By doing so, you will make your task easier, have access to tools, information and resources, network with other organizations with the same or similar goals.
- Complete a brief annual report This report will be completed online and will deal with the group's activities and accomplishments for the prior year, personnel changes, etc.
- Attend one KOB training session every year This can be a KOB regional workshop, a Webinar or other form of nonprofit training program provided through KOB or through Keep America Beautiful.
- Use the name "Keep (community) Beautiful" Intended primarily for new organizations - those with established identities are excluded from this requirement.
- Submit $100 fee by July 1 each year
Annually participate in the Great American Cleanup™ in Oklahoma plus at least one other KOB-endorsed program**
**KOB-Endorsed programs/projects (partial list)
- Fresh Paint Days
- Arbor Day Celebration
- Make A Difference Day
- The BIG Event
- Environmental Education
- Attend KOB Awards Banquet
- Lakeshore Cleanup Event
- America Recycles Day Event
- Recycling and/or Reuse Collection
- Tree and/or flower planting
- Help with local farmers market
- Serve on a KOB Committee
-Top of Page-