In this section you will find helpful links to websites that provide many resources for youth from 6th - 12th grade to aid in understanding the need for environmental sustainability and what they can do to help keep Oklahoma beautiful!
- Nrdc.org/reference/kids.asp – The Natural Resource Defense Council works to protect wildlife and wild places and to ensure a healthy environment for all life on earth. This link leads to a list of helpful websites for youth that provide creative ways to learn about the environment and how to keep our world beautiful!
- Planet Protectors Club - As a Planet Protector, your mission is to improve the world around you by making less trash. Planet Protectors also help other people learn to reduce, reuse, and recycle. To carry out this mission, check out the fun activities and games on the website. The more you learn about reducing wastes and saving resources, the better you become at carrying out the Planet Protector goals!
- Eartheasy.com/blog/2009/03/environmental-websites-for-kids/ – Earth Easy strives to artheasystrives to: help us reduce our impact on the earth's resources, help reduce our contribution to global warming, bring more simplicity to our lives, and bring us closer to nature. This compilation of websites is designed to aid youth in learning how to be successful stewards of the environment.
- http://www.care2.com/channels/ecoinfo/kids - Care2’s idea is simple: Make it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes they care about most. These “Kids Only!” links provide youth with a vast selection of new and fun ways to help preserve the environment and show they care!
- http://www.meetthegreens.org/ - Meet the Greens! This family provides fabulous interactive games and activities for everybody to enjoy and learn about how to take care of the earth at the same time.
- http://www.nrdc.org/greensquad/intro/intro_1.asp - The Green Squad teaches kids about the relationship between their schools and environmental and health issues. The site is designed primarily for students in fifth through eighth grade, but also offers information for younger and older students as well as parents and teachers.
- http://www.epa.gov/recyclecity/mainmap.htm - Welcome to Recycle City! There's lots to do here - people and places to visit and plenty of ways for you to explore how the city and help the residents recycle, reduce, and reuse waste.
- http://www.epa.gov/students/ - The Environmental Protection Agency offers all sorts of exciting games and activities to energize students and get them excited about protecting the environment. From conservation to waste and recycling, this student page has it all!
- http://www.epa.gov/highschool/- The Environmental Protection Agency offers all sorts of exciting games and activities to energize students and get them excited about protecting the environment. From conservation to waste and recycling, this student page has it all!
- http://www1.eere.energy.gov/kids/roofus/ - Part of the Department for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Roofus the dog takes youth around his house to show how they can conserve energy in all sorts of fun and easy ways!
- http://www.ecokids.co.nz/ - Meet Ani, a special agent whose mission is to protect the earth from such ailments as animal extinction and pollution. Click here to see how you can help!
- http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/ Energy Quest - Our planet is a complex ecosystem with dynamic interactions,
but we all breathe the same air and drink the same water. The issue of climate change impacts your life no matter where
you are—and its up to all of us to be part of the solution. Everyone on earth is affected.